This three-year program, administrated by participating cooperatives in the La Coop network, enables young cooperative farmers to benefit from financial support with the collaboration of Desjardins Group, professional support and range of skill-development opportunities.
Benefits and obligations apply to successful applicants only.
SPECIAL SUCCESSION DISCOUNT
10% of the value of qualifying input purchases, proportional to the applicant’s interest (shares) in their business up to a maximum of $5,000/year per agricultural company.*
* In order to qualify for this component, the member’s input purchases must be made primarily at the local cooperative. See list for eligible input purchases.
Free access to Shepell, a program that provides professional services in psychology, law, and administration.
Each recipient will be required, for the duration of their assistance, to commit to developing their professional skills through the provided training (total of 21 credits) and their participation in certain community activities.
For the duration of their assistance, the candidate undertakes to earn a minimum of seven credits per year in training recognized by the Board of Directors of the Fonds coopératif d’aide à la relève agricole. The recipient can choose from a dozen courses based on their interests and needs.
For the duration of their assistance, the participant agrees to take part in a minimum of two community activities per year. The recipient may choose from the list of associative activities recognized by the Fonds’ Board of Directors.
Eligibility and membership
To meet eligibility requirements, the candidate must
- Be a member of a local (farm) cooperative, of the Fédération de la relève agricole du Québec (FRAQ) (candidate), and
- of an affiliate fund of the Desjardins Group (farm or personal);
- Be between 18 and 40 years old;.
- Hold at least 20% of company shares;.
- Hold a degree (specialized agricultural training (DVS, DCS, Bachelor)) or equivalent training;
- Allocate most of their time to and get most of their income from their agricultural business;
- Reside in Quebec, Ontario, or New Brunswick and be selected by their cooperative to be part of the Fonds; and
- Develop their professional skills through training recognized by the Board of Directors of the Fonds coopératif d’aide à la relève agricole.
Thank you for your interest in the Fonds coopératif d’aide à la relève agricole. For more information on membership, contact your network member cooperative.
For financial components, contact your fund or Desjardins Financial Centre.
Toolbox for cooperatives